Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My build but need help on firmware

Posted by gimli1003 
My build but need help on firmware
June 20, 2014 11:01AM
I have now completed the mechanical build of my Smartrap (picture attached). I am using toothbelt drives instead of fishing line and have made the revised J hotend from some PTFE (Teflon) rod. I have also used PTFE rod to produce the linear bearing.
My last problem is what version of Marlin firmware to use with belt drives and a RAMPS board?
Suggestions please.

- Thanks for the suggestions.

I have now loaded Marlin and the X,Y and Z movements are calibrated but when the hotend probe touches the glass (Z Home) it bounces and returns pressing on the plate. I cannot see where in the code I can set the final distance from the glass plate?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 03:29PM by gimli1003.
Attachments:
open | download - Smartrap.jpg (304 KB)
Re: My build but need help on firmware
June 20, 2014 11:41AM
Looks Good Gimli.

I'm sure we can help you out. Just let us know.
June 20, 2014 11:45AM
My best guess would be the NoServo version found in the github, youll need to adjust your steps to match up with the belt drive system. As to what those numbers would be someone else will have to chime in. Looks good, at some point I would like to move up to belts or the new rack system, so I'll be watching grinning smiley
June 20, 2014 12:04PM
For the steps, we need to know what microstepping you are using the tooth count on the pulley, and the belt type/pitch. For instance, if your using a GT2 belt with a 2mm pitch and 20 tooth pulley with 1/16 microstepping, then your Esteps would be 80 / mm. If your using an XML belt/pulley with a 2.03 pitch, and the rest is the same, your Esteps would be 78.82. A real handy calculator for all this is here. > [calculator.josefprusa.cz]
June 20, 2014 12:52PM
also need the stepper step degree... ie 200 steps a rev (1.8 degrees) or 400 (.09 degrees) or what ever...
June 20, 2014 01:01PM
Right you are Mike, thanks for catching that.
June 20, 2014 01:30PM
nice build gimli.. i love the wood under smiling smiley I should try to find more cute wood for the main smartfriendz kits.. you just gave me the idea that it would be more nice smiling smiley

the last no servo firmware on smartfriendz github has some options for GT2 ( begin of configuration.h : #define motors18gt2 ) . But it's just stepping values..nothing more . you cn adjust that with any version you will find.

the Smartrap project

[smartfriendz.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]
[reprap.org]
[github.com]
doc assemblage: [reprap.org]
NEW: Forum smartfriendz: [smartraptalk.smartfriendz.com]
June 20, 2014 03:33PM
Thanks for the tip. X,Y and Z are now calibrated.
June 20, 2014 04:54PM
oh come on... where's the video!!! smiling smiley we need proof...

LOL, just kidding... Congrats though...
June 20, 2014 10:28PM
Another nice looking machine, well done.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
June 22, 2014 08:43PM
Nice build gimli,

What version is this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login