Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hbot firmware setup

Posted by dthomas6184 
Hbot firmware setup
August 02, 2016 06:36PM
Before I begin, I've scoured the core section of this forum as well as Google groups h-bot and corexy sections (and all of the Internet it feels like) looking for an answer but haven't found anything to the point...

How do you enable h-bot support in marlin and repetier for the mega/ramps combo?

Do you just Uncomment out the enable corexy line I'm the marlin configuration.h file?

And I found even less about the repetier setup. I don't need the whole deal, just how to get it started. I'd like to flash a basic setup so I can do some motor tests then sort the rest of the settings later.
Re: Hbot firmware setup
August 02, 2016 11:25PM
Why would you do an Hbot setup instead of corexy? Hbot gantries twist when moving and corexy was the solution to that problem
August 03, 2016 04:49AM
I have the idea the configuration in merlin or other firmware is the same for hbot and corexy.

In repetier is easy, access to the online configurator, in the first menu of the wizard you simply need to define the "printer type" to use corexy.
[www.repetier.com]
August 03, 2016 07:34AM
On the Repetier online configuration tool, there are 2 options on the printer drop down menu... which one should you pick? there is no difference in the options just looking at them.

and the H-bot was what I came across first and I designed a printer based on that, I have read quite a bit about H-bot gantry twist and It wouldn't be hard to modify my design to accommodate the extra pulleys for a corexy but right now I'm just tying to get something loaded up so I can do some motor tests.
Attachments:
open | download - repetier printer select.PNG (18.8 KB)
August 03, 2016 08:42AM
is the 3 or 4 option, simply try first the 3 option and check if working.

Moving from a hbot to corexy is not a big deal, but you need to take in consideration if you go with belts on two different level plane or one the same one.
hbot is one belt in one plane, so i think the easy way is to move to a corexy design that use only one plane and you twits the belts. you can lower 3mm two of the front pulley to avoid the belt touching.
August 03, 2016 09:03AM
Twist the belts you say? Could you elaborate please?
August 03, 2016 09:31AM

you need to twist the belt, this way they will not collide.
You twist them so that one of the belt have the teeths in the upper side and you twist to other to the other side to have the teeth down.
both belts was 2 or 3mm of thickness, the soft part of both belt will touch. To avoid the touching you can lower 2 or 3 mm one of the pulley indicate in red and move up the same amount the opposite belt.
you can only move up or down the pulley indicate with the arrow in red. the other one must be in the same plane and the belt path must be linear and paralele with the x axis.

other vantage doing the twist of the belts is to have only two pulley that are in contact with the teeth of the belt. The corexy with 2 different plane will have 6 pulley in direct contact with the teeths.

I think this is the easy way to upgrade your hbot to a corexy.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2016 10:10AM by filipeCampos.
August 06, 2016 11:54AM
so I tried the Repetier configurator and downloaded the firmware, I can open it up and verify it in the Arduino program and it works fine there but when I try to upload it to the board I get this error

Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 124,950 bytes (49%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 4,440 bytes (54%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3,752 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

not sure whats going on, any ideas?
August 06, 2016 01:15PM
Check the COM port in the Arduino IDE. I noticed sometimes it changes when you plug in the Mega or flash different firmware.
August 07, 2016 07:07PM
I double checked the com port and drivers and still no dice, what version of the IDE are you using?
August 07, 2016 07:23PM
I got it going, I just downloaded an older version of the IDE
August 08, 2016 07:51PM
So it would appear that I've run into a new issue... after flashing the board, can plug it into my laptop and it powered up just fine. I can check the menus, select stuff, etc. I then hooked it up to my power supply and flicked the switch and nothing happens. The power supply is wired correctly, powes up when the switch is flicked, and gives me 12.41v across its terminals. I disconnected the boad from the psu and plugged it back into my laptop and it powers on just fine and the psu on its own powers on just fine. I should mention the only things plugged into the board and the LCD and stepper drivers.
August 08, 2016 10:44PM
Not sure how to check this off the top of my head, but you may need to look at the 5volt regulator on the Arduino.

-os3dp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login