Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Build day in Sheffield, Saturday 29th October 2011

Posted by yorkhannah 
Build day in Sheffield, Saturday 29th October 2011
October 24, 2011 03:56PM
Hi All,

We're running a build day in Sheffield at the GIST Lab on Saturday 29th October 2011, hoping to complete our Prusa Mendel model, which currently looks like the picture attached, halfway there but still a way to go!

There are 6 builder tickets for those who want to come along and join in the tinkering on our machine, the day will start 08:00 and run till 17:00, please register for a ticket if you wish to join us, just so we can get the kettle ready :-)

Self-builders are welcome to join us, we have space for 5-6 other machines, if you want to join us and show off your working machine or join us in progressing your build, either way it'd be great to meet you and see what you're working on.

People who want to drop in and say 'Hello' are also welcome after 2pm, again if you can let us know if you plan to head in that'd be handy.

Locals welcome as are those from afar, think Oxford was the furthest people travelled from the last time we did a build day, so if you can beat that we'll make you a particularly big cup of tea (or two cups).

Event info is at: [reprap1110b.eventbrite.org]

Hannah
Attachments:
open | download - Prusa Mendel 111024.jpg (78.1 KB)
Re: Build day in Sheffield, Saturday 29th October 2011
October 24, 2011 06:59PM
I guess it's too late for me to get there now from NZ, never mind hope you have a good day

October 25, 2011 04:02AM
Wow the timing of this is a bit uncanny.

I was planning on building my prusa last weekend, but a few delays mean I should be able to start from tonight onwards.
So tonight until Friday night was build time then the weekend was for calibration, tweaks and printing any upgrades.

However I live about 45 minutes (closer to a hour if I'm driving tongue sticking out smiley) from Sheffield, so this event is extremely temping.

I can't commit right now as I have a few other things which might pop-up (my sister just brought a house eye rolling smiley), but if the rest of my parts arrive and can free up the time I'd love to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 10:14AM by JoeDaStudd.

My Reprap blog

jds-reprap.blogspot.com
October 25, 2011 04:19AM
WOW, she must be pretty strong if she can bring a house! eye popping smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
October 25, 2011 04:58AM
NelsonRap, TBH I'd prefer it if we could all come to NZ instead!

JoeDaStudd, you'd be more than welcome to join us, feeling the frustrations in your blog. We broke a piece at a previous build so the last two meetings have been talking about RepRaps more than tinkering. The core group got frustrated and screwdrivers can be dangerous in the wrong hands...thus the build day :-) Nice to hear there's more machines locally though whether you make it or not, we meet once a month at the lab so you'd be welcome to join us another time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login