Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Its ALIVE!!! and nothing burned up!

Posted by Vortex87 
Its ALIVE!!! and nothing burned up!
December 06, 2011 11:50PM
Today was a great victory in my reprap quest. I spent 3-4 hours carefully, reading, re-reading, and then reading the instructions some more. I got all the opto's wired and heat shrinked, the only thing I have left to do is wire up the heated nozzle to my gen6 board. So my first objective is this, I purchased extra stepper motors which I currently have wired to my machine to test and calibrate.

So after much frustration attempting to use the reprap host software, I downloaded repsnapper. This was my first time I was able and use any kind of printer software, VICTORY! I was pleased that when I plugged the usb cable into my computer, my computer immediately detected the device but was unable to find any drivers (I have windows 7). I am not sure if my lack of a heated nozzle is preventing repsnapper from detecting my machine, my computer seems to. Right now I just want to turn my test motors, and make sure my endstops are working correctly. I am pretty sure my gen 6 board came pre-loaded with the sprinter firmware.
Re: Its ALIVE!!! and nothing burned up!
December 07, 2011 05:22AM
The lack of a heated nozzle should not prevent repsnapper from seeing your electronics. Actually having no motors, endstops, etc connected should not annoy Pc to Electronics communication.

That maybe a ftdi driver issue, lots of people with windows 7 seems to get that.

What is your electronics board model/revision ?
December 14, 2011 04:17PM
Where did you find the instructions?
December 14, 2011 05:23PM
At a guess - he's talking about the reprap wiki and the Gen6 user manual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login