Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Went to RobotFest!

Posted by redskinsjbs 
RepRap Went to RobotFest!
April 26, 2008 04:31PM
So today I just got back from Robotfest at the Historical Electronics Museum in Baltimore Maryland. Mark Adams and I had a booth there where we spread the word about RepRap and the RepRap goals.

I think it was pretty successful, and when pictures are uploaded to the web, I'll be sure to post a link.

Just saying that we are slowly gaining publicity.

Jay
Re: RepRap Went to RobotFest!
April 26, 2008 10:04PM
Nice job! Did you have a fairly functional RepRap on hand? Any printed bits?

I need to see pictures!

Demented
April 26, 2008 11:21PM
Sad to say that there wasn't a functioning reprap on hand. Just one that looked cool and one that could draw some frickin sweet circles!!! I didn't take any photos because I forgot my camera, and anyways, Mark and I were Waaaaay to busy talking to everybody about the RepRap project to have time to take some. I know that Mark took some photos, so I'll ask him for them. I hope to be able to print real soon. I think I may have the Z axis bugs just about worked out.

Jay
April 27, 2008 03:48AM
Hi Jay

eD & I did some work on the Z axis eD wrote it up here [reprap.org] our final solution was to design a belt tensioner so the Z axis could be fully aligned without worrying about belt tension then when all was running sweet to tension the belt. I believe Zach did this with a skate bearing and a zip tie.

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
July 24, 2008 05:09PM
Thanks Ian,

I found the tesioner in the part files and printed one out at work

Jay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login