Advanced

Ordering printed parts

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Ordering printed parts
May 06, 2008 03:51PM
Hi!

First post for me here.

Me and a friend just decide to start building a Darwin 1.0.
Since it is the most challenging part (for us) and probably the most inspiring when its finished we decided to start with the cartesian robot.

Any tips regarding getting the printed parts?

Anyone here already ordered from [www.alphaprototypes.com] or [www.star-prototype-china.com]?

Are the CAD files they will need all bundled up in one place easy for download?

Maybe someone here has gotten so far that they can produce and sell us the parts needed?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance smiling smiley

ps. We live in Sweden, Europe
Re: Ordering printed parts
May 06, 2008 03:58PM
You can buy them in cast plastic from BitsFromBytes.com smileys with beer
May 07, 2008 12:45AM
You'll find STL files of all the printed parts on the under reprap at soureforge.

BitsFromBytes.com is currently not taking orders until late May due to high demand. However, you can email them (ian) to be put on a priority list.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2008 05:27AM
Thx for the info smiling smiley

Edit: removed question about price since FHiggs had already answered it elsewhere - about 120

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 06:38AM by bjathr.
May 11, 2008 07:02PM
I just finished building mine from bits from bytes parts. Having a problem with the PIC electronics for 2 days now. Positioning works well, but the extruder has some problems. If you want to have a review, look at my blog:

blog.erikdebruijn.nl/index.php?/categories/7-RepRap

There are many time-lapse video's of me actually building it. I think the parts from bits from bytes are pretty good. I do think the idea of using actually printed parts is cool. I still have to tell anyone that sees my darwin that it is not made of printed parts itself but that it 'could have been'.... not as cool, but whether it matters to you really depends.

Regards,

Erik de Bruijn
[Ultimaker.com] - [blog.erikdebruijn.nl]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login