Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Progressively blobbier corners w/ Sfact

Posted by foshon 
Progressively blobbier corners w/ Sfact
February 18, 2012 05:53PM
I am printing on a prusa mendael, with Gen7 electronics using Pronterface and Sfact. All seems well except, each corner from the start of print seems more and more blobby. This resets which each pass, resulting in one corner that looks normalish, the next is slighty blobby, the next is worse and the fourth is a pile of ABS. I have played with the setting of Sfact and seen some results, as well as lowering my E_Steps_Per_M in Teacup to no avail. All prints so far have been the .5mm calibration cube posted on thingverse by coasterman. Any help is appreciated.

Neil

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2012 06:10AM by foshon.
Re: Progressively blobbier corners
February 19, 2012 06:47PM
Slow down your outer speed, and maybe have less outer layers. I have a simular issue with ABS as well. I found by slowing down the print speed of the shell, and reducing the outer layers from 3 to 2 helped a lot.

Come to find out that ABS is a bit of a pain as it will go through a wide range of thermal expansion/contraction. So by having more layers on your outer shell by the time your final pass is being done, the first pass will have already be shrinking.

I currently am using Slic3r with repetier-hots. I change my outer speed to 50mm/sec, and layer thickness to 2.
Re: Progressively blobbier corners
February 20, 2012 06:09AM
Thanks ikilledkenny, I amended my post to include that this is the .5mm single wall calibration cube.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login