Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dimensions for the Prusa Vertex (with and without foot)

Posted by flashnet 
Dimensions for the Prusa Vertex (with and without foot)
May 04, 2012 06:48PM
I must say, being new to building my first RepRap is exciting. It is however extremely hard to find a way to make the parts other ways than printing.
Now my project is to CNC mill the vertex both with/without foot, however I have only been able to locate the STL-file for the parts.
This would be great if I was printing, but I need to get a 2D plane section of the curvy Vertex for the Prusa.

When importing the STL file to google sketchup, I dont really know if the dimensions are correct, because the distance from hole-to-hole is 58,5 mm.

Does anyone know what criteria (or specific dimensions) for the vertices? Is it different between Mendel/Prusa?
Re: Dimensions for the Prusa Vertex (with and without foot)
May 05, 2012 02:39AM
I am not sure what dimensions you are looking for, but if you have the stl that you are trying to replicate can I suggest downloading the free version of 3dtool

Click here to go to the 3dtool website.

It will allow you to take decent measurements and also examine cross sections of stl files.

There are of course other software tools that do the same thing, this just happens to be the one I use.
May 05, 2012 05:04AM
Take a look at Mendel Drawings in the RepRap wiki.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
May 05, 2012 12:10PM
Thanks for suggestion, ended up drawing in SolidWorks. Turns out the distance from hole to hole really is 58,5 mm.
Anyways, some pictures of the patterns for the aluminium castings.
[imgur.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login