Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to connect power supply to gen6?

Posted by Pixbae 
How to connect power supply to gen6?
December 17, 2012 08:36PM
Hi everyone!

I've been trying to search for a visual tutorial since I know nothing of electronics and am afraid to do a mistake. Can't find any, but if I've understood OK, I just have to peel two yellows and two blacks from the power supply and connect them to the board through this:

And same with the heated bed right (joining the yellow and black cables, which the makerfarm tutorial told me should go directly to the power supply..)?

Some questions:

Can I use any yellow cable or any black cable from the power supply for both the heated bed and the board? are they all the same? (yellow: 12v, black: neutral, right?)

How should I join the cables? do I need ferrules to crimp? do I need to solder? can I simply interlace them and tape them with black tape?

I'm building a prusa mendel v2. Electronics: gen6, bought a "XTech" pc power supply (500 watts)

thanks in advance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2012 08:37PM by Pixbae.
Re: How to connect power supply to gen6?
December 17, 2012 09:24PM
Another question:

I wired up the thermistor and resistor the wrong way: got the cables mixed, but they end up in the same molex connector, similar to this one:

The connection should be like this: 1122 (1: resistor, 2 : thermistor), but I got it like 1212.

How can I fix this? should I cut the cables and rejoin them, or should I remove them directly from the mlex? I know they can be removed from the molex but can they be reinserted?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login