Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Budaschnozzle 1.2 on a reprap mendal

Posted by unlucky1 
Budaschnozzle 1.2 on a reprap mendal
January 09, 2013 03:05PM
I am currently running a j-head hotend and just ordered a Budaschnozzle 1.2. Can anyone tell me where I can get compatible stl files to print an x-carrage and wades extruder. My wades has a hole in the bottom for the jhead to recess into and the Budaschnozzle 1.2 does not recess. I would prefer a mounting system with a fan mount or two for cooling the hotend and the printing surface but needing suggestions please. I looked on thingiverse and saw an insert someone made to go into the hold on the wades but really need a good setup. Suggestions please. On a side note, I will be moving this extruder over to a prusa i3 I am building in the future as well.

Thanks in advance,
John
Re: Budaschnozzle 1.2 on a reprap mendal
January 09, 2013 03:08PM
Also, I would like to use lm8uu bearings if possible. I have a few extras and no short bushings.
January 09, 2013 03:54PM
If you're using 3mm filament, your existing Wades body is likely fine, as is your existing carriage.
The Buddaschnozzle mount sits under the Wades mounting holes and you just attach to your existing carriage.
If you are using 1.75, I'd print a new Wades, because the filament has a tendency to go soft and buckle in the hole the jhead would mount in, I ended up downloading the SCAD file from thingiverse and removing the jhead hole.
January 09, 2013 05:51PM
Polygonhell, thanks for the info. I am using 3mm filament. I have been fighting my jhead since I bought it months ago. The plan is to put my new hot end on my i2 and tune it in and print my parts for the i3 i have been working on using the new hotend. I am so frustrated with the hjead .4mm v-b that I could scream. I bet I have spent 100+ hours and a pound of filament just trying to tweek it to make it work without building up to much pressure and globbing on the z-lift. Its not terrible, but it stinks that I have to cheat my e axis steps, tell slic3r that its a .35 nozzel ..... to make it almost work properly. I also found out along the way that the jhead hotends are drilled undersized. Had I know that in the beginning, it would have helped to at least get to where I am now with it. I really like the jhead design but that nozzel is going back on my prusa mendal v2 when I get my i3 going. I am only printing PLA at this point and have seen that I should cool the new hotend so I do not have issues with PLA. I will have to come up with a good mounting solution on that also. Right now, I modified a fan mount for my jhead that is a ring that blows only on the filament. Always lots to change and adjust. I though about editing the file to remove the hold and leave 3mm or a little more also but wanted any ideas out there. Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login