Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Used Stepper pulley

Posted by bryanandaimee 
Used Stepper pulley
May 14, 2013 12:32AM
I'm trying to figure out what type of belt to use with a used stepper. It has a pulley already on it that looks nice. Teeth are 0.7 mm wide and the spaces between the teeth measure 1.06 to 1.1 mm wide. There are 22 teeth and the diameter is 13.6mm to the outside of the teeth, so 43mm circumference around the outside surface of teeth. Depth from outside tooth to inside space seems to be about 1mm but that is not as accurate a measurement. Does that sound like a standard G2 or is it something else?

Bryan
Re: Used Stepper pulley
May 14, 2013 03:09AM
Ive been using the pulleys that came on my motors, they have 15 teeth which is sort of cool since it gives more resolution and torque, and they work great, especially since the shafts are 4mm and i cant find any 4mm gt2 pulleys.
May 14, 2013 05:40PM
I guess I should add that the teeth look very square. They're small and not easy to see the profile with the flange on top, but they look like sides and top are pretty flat.
May 14, 2013 07:05PM
This site has some good diagrams/explinations as well as a calculator to help figure out sizes/pitch.

[www.fingertechrobotics.com]
May 16, 2013 01:06PM
Looks like those are to calculate belt length. What i need is a good guide to tooth profile for various types of pulleys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login