Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print quality on different computers

Posted by gregted 
Print quality on different computers
June 11, 2012 03:16AM
Just had a " Well, that's interesting, moment"

I set up my old tower computer to run my prusa and coppied the settings from the laptop.

All settings are identical and I haven't changed anything on the sprinter settings.

I used the same printer to pc cable but the print from the old tower was skipping steps on the Y axis so I changed the cable back to the laptop and the prints are coming out fine.

This maybe something to do with data transfer rate and may help others out there having problems with skipping steps.

Any ideas?

I have included a pic showing the 2 prints. The one on the left is the one from the tower and the right one is from the laptop.
Attachments:
open | download - Tower-laptop prints.jpg (455.9 KB)
Re: Print quality on different computers
June 11, 2012 07:11AM
Although I have not noticed missing steps, I have noticed missing retracts. Have decided that for me I always print directly from the SD card for best quality.

Jim K.
June 11, 2012 09:38AM
Hey Jim,

Yeah, that's what I have decided to do also But I gotta wonder how many others have had problems with print quality just because of their computer feed.

Lucky I decided to start this journey on the fast computer.
June 15, 2012 06:26AM
It's really dependent on what electronics you are using. I am using the Printrboard and all commands are cached before they are executed. For some electronics, yea, you will need a faster computer especially if you are using a serial port.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login