Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface setting its own temperature

Posted by stoof 
Pronterface setting its own temperature
June 18, 2012 01:03AM
Everytime I start a print with pronterface it automatically sets the temperature to 200 and I cannot change it. Anyone run into this problem as well?
Re: Pronterface setting its own temperature
June 18, 2012 01:12AM
disregard... found it in the slicer settings
June 20, 2012 07:22PM
I had the same issue at the start and found the settings as did you.

Another bit of info i discovered is that if you set the temp in sli3er to zero, you can set any temp you desire on the pronterface screen to suit the material, (abs or pla and different suppliers of either ) , or ambient temp etc, without having to go back into sli3er each time.

These settings can be adjusted after the print starts of course but bottom layer and hotend temp can take a while to adjust.

The only thing you have to watch when you do this is when you click the print button, the print will start immediately regardless of the temp. If your hotend and bed are not up to temp, you will have problems. Trust me, I know....

If set in sli3er, the print will not start until the temps set in sli3er are reached.

You can also have individual settings including the temps set in the g-code ( including sli3er settings ) and when saved to an sd card, pronterface will respond accordingly but pronterface will obviously not be aware of the filament used.

If you make this change in sli3er, make sure the hotend and bed temp are correct before clicking the print button.

May be more trouble than its worth to some but i like to have this control on screen.
July 01, 2012 01:23AM
Initially I have only the motors laid out on the table to check out the Ponterface
software, and I keep getting extruder error message, even when set to zero.
I was thinking the extruder had to be attached but now I see that I may need
to check sli3er.

I think someone might needs to document all the error messages - for likely
causes.
July 01, 2012 05:38AM
If thats the mintemp error message, its coming from the Marlin firmware which shuts down the printer if it reads a temperature below 5C. Plug in a thermistor so that it reads room temperature and it'll work, or you can change the temperature limits in configuration.h
July 01, 2012 04:39PM
Andrew: Thanks: It is the mintemp error message.

The notes within the config file say -
// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled
// It is used to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
[Highlight added]

That being so, while the max_temp is set to 250 to shut down, I think the safest plan is your
suggestion to connect the thermistor for "breadboard" running.

If only for the check on broken wiring, I think it is a good idea to keep the 5ยบ undisturbed as
a belt & bracers safety measure for live printing.

Noel
July 04, 2012 06:01PM
I found that if I pause the printer I can change the hot end and bed temperature from pronterface. Then I resume printing and it's done.

Ernesto Pareja

dcctrains.netne.net
July 08, 2012 12:38AM
Me too, I like to control the temp with Pronterface. I did not know about the Slic3r zero degrees option. Until now, I always edit the Gcode and comment out the temp and wait lines in the front part. (which is an alternative :-)

I have seen error messages on a cold extruder too, but way above 5 degrees. Which seems logical. So where can I check that parameter?

Rgrds Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
July 08, 2012 09:44AM
These settings can be changed in firmware. There are three limits, MINTEMP and MAXTEMP will shut down the printer if they are exceeded, since this normally indicates a failed temperature sensor. You shouldn't tweak these without good reason. The third limit prevents cold extrusion and is set to170 by default, you may need to lower this limit when printing with PLA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login