Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huxley Commisioning Problem

Posted by wje200 
Huxley Commisioning Problem
June 20, 2012 06:37PM
I am building a reprap huxley kit and the hardware and wiring steps have gone ok so far. My compliments to the authors of the instructions.

Now I come to the commisioning and I think I have followed the instructions properly but where it says, in the 'start talking' section.
"Now select the active serial port in the upper left, choose 250000 for the baud rate. Click Connect, wait a moment, and the software will confirm when the printer is online. " (Link -->> http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapPro_Huxley_commissioning)

it does not seem to come online.

Here (hopefully) is a screenshot showing the console and interface

It just gives that sort of gobbledegook in the printer interface window. The little red light is on the Sanguinololu board so I assume the power is there.

Any help would be appreciated.

Will
Re: Huxley Commisioning Problem
June 20, 2012 06:45PM
What firmware are you using and what baudrate did you set in the config file.
If your not using Marlin most use either 115200 or 57600
June 20, 2012 06:53PM
115200 works for sprinter on a sanguinolo board using pronterface or whatever its called now and windows 7. I would say your trying to connect at too higher speed

June 20, 2012 06:55PM
I agree. I use sprinter and I have 2 computers set up, one on com 5 as yours and one on com 4. When setting up my second computer, I had the same error as yours. I found I had the baud rate set to 250000 as standard.
June 21, 2012 04:31AM
Now why didn't I think of that?
Thank you all very much for your help that has resolved the problem.

Will

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login