Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder v1.1

Posted by Arthur 
Extruder v1.1
July 06, 2008 04:50AM
I'm having a tough time making sense of this... There isn't correspondence between Sourceforge and the Parts Lister with respect to the Extruder v1.1. Anyone able to make sense of this? Or is it just a difference in naming?

1) The sourceforge files [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=159590&package_id=230202] are for:
Thermoplast Extruder 1.0.3 (March 6, 2008)
Where are the Extruder v1.1 .STL files?

2) The Parts Lister [http://parts.reprap.org/] gives this list:
Part Quantity
clamp (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
gear holder (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
hex screw drive (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
motor drive (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
motor holder (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
polymer holder (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
screw holder (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1
slotted wheel (from Thermoplast Extruder v1.1 / Extruder Housing Kit) 1

Part of the confusion is that the Extruder documentation is transitioning from v1.0 to v1.1, but it isn't obvious what is old and what is new.

Any help is totally appreciated.
Re: Extruder v1.1
July 06, 2008 12:29PM
welcome to the world of making a RepRap smiling smiley

I'm in the same boat as you. any help regarding making sense of the extruder part list(s) or the Cartesian bot part list(s) would be greatly appreciated.

-Leav
July 06, 2008 01:43PM
it looks like these are the .aoi and .dxf files for the extruder v1.1: [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]

I'm trying to make the extruder v1.1 right now too, without an extruder. I can't find a way to get dimensions/drawings from either the .aoi or .dxf files, so any help there would be appreciated.
July 06, 2008 06:06PM
try converting them into another format... (the STLs are in mm I believe if the conversion software asks you)

-Leav
July 07, 2008 12:16AM
That's really helpful guys. That link is key, slade.

So here are the labels for the diagram here [dev.www.reprap.org]

Matching the letters to the RP parts for the Extruder v1.1, we get:
A: quickfit-clamp.stl
D: screw-holder.stl
E: gearbox-fringe.stl
F: poly-holder.stl
G: gearbox-housing.stl
H: gearbox-motor-coupling.stl
I: offset-drive-coupling.stl
J: gearbox-bracket.stl

The .stl's are found here [sourceforge.net]

I did a visual comparison between slade's AOI link and the .stl files and they check out. Leav, so I don't think the .aoi files need to be converted to .stl files, and I think we can for the most part disregard the naming in the "Parts lister" for now and just go with the info above. I'm going to get them printed at one of the listed 3rd party 3D printers smiling smiley
July 07, 2008 01:52AM
One more for the list... I forgot to add the "offset-motor-holder.stl" since it was here [reprap.svn.sourceforge.net] (look at "assembly.aoi"), but wasn't in the diagram found here [dev.www.reprap.org]

So the complete list of required RP parts for Extruder v1.1 is one of each (pasted again from previous post):
A: quickfit-clamp.stl
D: screw-holder.stl
E: gearbox-fringe.stl
F: poly-holder.stl
G: gearbox-housing.stl
H: gearbox-motor-coupling.stl
I: offset-drive-coupling.stl
J: gearbox-bracket.stl
plus: offset-motor-holder.stl

Any errors/omissions?
July 08, 2008 01:34AM
this might help you out somewhat, although it's still lacking at this point. when I have time to make real drawings, I'll host them. these are just screenshots from AoI with a dimension grid.

[www.mediafire.com]
July 13, 2008 01:42PM
Just wanted to update this thread...

My assumptions on the RP set for the Extruder_1.1 from July 7th (2 posts up) are wrong. So don't use them. The updated instructions [reprap.org] clearly state there are 7 RP parts:

1x clamp
1x drive-coupling
1x gear-bush-holder
1x motor-coupling
1x motor-holder
1x poly-holder
1x screw-holder

I've converted the .aoi files to .stl's and attached them here. I haven't printed from them, so I can't guarantee that they work, but they launch fine for me on my PC and most probably work.
Attachments:
open | download - Extruder_v1.1_stl.zip (425.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login