Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All Parts

Posted by kill00man 
All Parts
July 06, 2008 03:49PM
Hello,
I want to make a Reprap so, i need to know what i have to buy. I find some kits :

[store.rrrf.org]
[bitsfrombytes.com]
[store.rrrf.org]
[store.rrrf.org]

Is there all I need to make a Reprap?
Thank's!
Re: All Parts
July 06, 2008 06:03PM
you can buy a complete mechanichal kit from BitsFromByetes, and a complete electronics kit from the RRRF store.

-Leav
July 07, 2008 12:38AM
killooman -- the bitsfrombytes reprap is made from laser-cut parts and isn't built from the original reprap plans so to speak, which is NOT to say it is bad, but just know that. For example the joints appear different if you look closely. (so if you print parts for progeny repraps, depending on what .stl files you use for the cartesian, they may look different from your BfB reprap).

If you just want to get started immediately and not mess with procuring parts, bitsfrombytes is probably easiest.

Also, you may want to check this out as a resource so you have a global sense of how the parts come together [parts.reprap.org]
July 07, 2008 05:53AM
Ok thank you,
But i see that we need a 0.2mm Nichrome wire, is it furnished? And what about cables wich are linking the Extruder heater to the PWM Board?
Thank's!
July 07, 2008 07:30AM
Scuse me for this double post...
I would like help from someone who buy the silver kit of Bits from Bytes...
Does the Extruder's parts are entirely machine ? (I don't want to make a hole of 3m on an axe of 45mm long u_u )

Thank's again!
July 07, 2008 12:44PM
You should ask Ian who set up the store. I believe he is reachable here: sales@bitsfrombytes.com

If you get good info, please post back smiling smiley
July 07, 2008 01:52PM
Ok, thank you for the Mail, I will take you know winking smiley
Thank's
July 08, 2008 08:43AM
I post to say i've got the answer of Ian Adkins : All parts of the Extruder are entirely machine, but the design is quite different of the Reprap from this site. The only things which is not machine is the Extruder nozzle (if i understood good).
Thank you for help, i've got all my answer winking smiley
November 17, 2008 06:09PM
Hi kill00man !
I want to start to build Reprap from the "full mechanical silver kit" (bitsfrombytes.com) and the "Complete Arduino Electronics Kit" (store.rrrf.org).
Did u manage to build yours ? Could u confirm to me that these two kit will allow me to build the complete Reprap ?
And of course I u have any other comments or adivise, I be happy to read them !
Thank's for your help !
November 18, 2008 02:34PM
Hi
I bought a BfB full mechanical kit and a complete arduino electronics kit.
I also bought some ABS filament.

I had everything I needed to build (apart from tools).

my blog is a record from
[renoirsrants.blogspot.com]

current state - built, moving well on all 3 axes, extruding OK. RSI has slowed my fiddling progress, but should be fixed soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login