Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Firmware for Prusa

Posted by epareja 
Best Firmware for Prusa
June 26, 2012 02:55PM
Hello,

I would like to know what is the best firmware for my RAMPS board.

I instaled succesfully the Repetier firmware and the Host and at first it worked fine, but after printing4 or 5 minutes it stucked in RESENDING xxxxx where xxxxx is the line. To correct that I have to reset the RAMPS and restart the host.

I like the functionalities of this Repetier software but I would like to hear your comments and advice on this.

Thank you

Ernesto Pareja

dcctrains.netne.net
Re: Best Firmware for Prusa
June 26, 2012 04:07PM
What do you have the baud rate set at? I have found that 250000 baud introduced too many errors for me, but reducing the baud rate to 115200 (in both Repetier and firmware) got rid of all those errors.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
June 26, 2012 04:38PM
Hi NewPerfection, I have the baudrate set to 250.000. I've read that this should be more jitter free than 115.200 but I will give it a try tonight.

For slicing do you use Slic3r or Skeinforge?
June 26, 2012 10:45PM
It should be more jitter free, but the higher baud rates are also more prone to errors.

I use both Slic3r and Skeinforge. Slic3r is at least an order of magnitude faster than Skeinforge, but with Skeinforge I have more control over how it works and it tends to produce better g-code on tricky parts. Tricky parts include: parts that are non-manifold or have intersecting facets and parts that have very thin sections.

Slic3r is excellent though, and gets better with every new version. I highly recommend it.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
June 27, 2012 09:48AM
Hello, yesterday I gave up with repetier host software although I think it's a very good interface. It hanged up when printing every time.

I installed the lattest Marlin and Pronterface and they are working good on dry jobs. I havent installed the hotend yet. I will do it tonight.

Thank you!
July 01, 2012 11:55PM
I'm using Marlin 1.0 for my prusa, it works nicely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login