Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap India

Posted by bootstrap 
RepRap India
July 13, 2008 07:00AM
Hi,I am totally new to this.I want to build a REPRAP (I am a robotics research student from India).I am trying to convince the authorities at my college for funds.When I looked into the link for getting the parts,I came across many suppliers and even since I am building the printer for the first time,I guess I have to go for the printing services.What will be the total cost for the materials along with the printing services.
diego
Re: RepRap India
July 13, 2008 08:31AM
printed parts are very expensive

try to ask bitsfrombytes for the molded parts wich are much cheaper

diego
July 13, 2008 09:53AM
It looks like USD$1395 is a very good price for a set of commercially RP'd parts.

By comparison a FULL set of mechanicals (including cast versions of all the RP-able plastic parts, metal parts, and motors!) is GBP
July 13, 2008 02:08PM
You may want to consider building a RepStrap, or bootstrap RepRap machine.

A RepStrap is basically a 3-axis positioning system of your own design, with an extruder head mounted on it.
This design:
[www.reprap.org]
is one of the possibilities. Other RepStrap builders have had success using a (benchtop-size) milling machine as their 3-axis positioning system. You might be able to find proxxon brand mills in India, or Chinese made 'mill-drills'.

Also remember that you can fabricate the extruder head parts using a CNC mill, if you have access to one.
July 14, 2008 02:23AM
here's my bit since I'm at a similar juncture (done with electronics but need to do cartesian)...

Ask yourself what kind of reprapper you are...

1) would you be stoked building as much of it yourself (via repstrap initially)?
2) or is your purpose to use the finished reprap for its intended purpose, without messing with the process of procuring parts and building?

If you answered 1), then either mill out the extruder parts, or have them printed out. If you have them printed out, check out this thread [forums.reprap.org] and see if you want to order the RP (rapid prototyped) parts for the Extruder_1.1 -- it's like $135 USD. Maybe the weak US dollar will work to your advantage in India (since Bradley's pricing seems fair). (disclaimer: I haven't ordered parts from him yet, but Kyle said some good things about him, so I'm go with it and placing an order tomorrow).

If you answered 2), then go BfB [bitsfrombytes.com]

I'm going the repstrap route -- ie: option 1).
AI
December 15, 2011 02:48AM
Hi,

You can use this affordable service to get your 3D models printed: 3dimpressions.in

They use zcorp machines.
December 15, 2011 09:48AM
do you realize you were replying to a post that has been dead for two and a half years?
VDX
December 15, 2011 01:34PM
... this 'Al' could be a spam-bot or a human busy with advertising the linked site eye rolling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 19, 2012 04:32AM
Hi
We are offering first full reprap prusa kit in india. Also we sell assembled units.

[www.youtube.com]

This kit includes everything you need to make your own 3D printer!!! Be the part of future.
go to reprap.org for more information about reprap 3d printer project.

Introduction to reprap ( not my video)

[youtu.be]

Features and Specs:
Prusa mendel Plastic parts ( ver Prusa2 11/11/11 and some changes)
5 stepper motors
Fully assembled ramps electronics
Arduino Mega 1280
USB cable
ATX power supply
All rods are Stainless Steel
Professionally made hotend (Imported)
Heated bed ( essential to print ABS parts)
LM8UU for all axis
0.5 Kg plastic to get you start printing.
Some tools to get started
CD software and instructional videos.
and many more

Cost Between Rs37000 ( shipping extra if needed)

Contact me for final cost and charges for assembled and calibrated unit.
email id : karanchaphekar@gmail.com
Phone no +91 9769980704

We are situated in mumbai. people outside mumbai will have to contact for shipping details.

Website is comming soon.
March 06, 2012 11:42PM
Hey cnza you PlZ send me all the information about reprap all basic ideas before why is this built, any kind of motivation or what
PLz do rep urgently....
HARSH GORASIA
May 06, 2012 08:43AM
I wanted to know if the filament material is corrosion resistant to things like acids and if they are UV protected. If not can it be so that it is?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login