Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connection of rrs Opto Endstop v2.1

Posted by ncq 
ncq
Connection of rrs Opto Endstop v2.1
August 28, 2012 04:38AM
Hi guys,

I still can't solve a problem with my opto endstops (see this page).

I know that the endstops are correctly assembled because I tested them powered directly from a power station with 5V - I connected GND and VCC to the screw terminal and LED began shining. The voltage on VCC was 5V and on the SIG 0V. When I get a piece of metal into the IR beam, the LED went out and the voltage on SIG was 5V.

That's right, but when I try to connect the endstop to the board (Sanguinololu 1.3a with Sprinter software) where the voltage is between the first and the third (on the board there is written GND and SIG but I don't know why the voltage isn't between GND and V+) pin 5V, the endstop doesn't run and the voltage on screw terminal is strange - VCC 1.8V and SIG 0.8V. The opto switch don't change its state (SIG voltage is still the same) and motors can move only one direction.

My Sprinter setting of endstops is:

#define X_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true
#define Y_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true
#define Z_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true

Thank you for your help.
Re: Connection of rrs Opto Endstop v2.1
August 28, 2012 05:47AM
The middle pin should have 5V on it. Have you tried measuring it with nothing attached?

On Sanguinololu there is a jumper which selects between 5V or 12V to the middle pin (no idea why). I think it is just a solder blob, perhaps it is missing on yours.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
ncq
August 28, 2012 06:15AM
Yes, I have tried to measure it with nothing attached and there was no voltage on the middle pin and 5V on the pin where is written SIG (it is probably wrong).

I really found a place where the jumper should be. I am going to try to join a jumper.

Thank you for your reply. yawning smiley
ncq
August 28, 2012 06:35AM
Thank you very much, the missing jumper was the reason of all problems.smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login