Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble uploading Sanguinololu firmware

Posted by PandPP 
Trouble uploading Sanguinololu firmware
September 24, 2012 06:48PM
Hello all.

I finally have my Prusa built & together. I have tested the motors and all is working well, except the calibration is obviously off.

I downloaded Marlin, but kept getting compile errors.
Next I downloaded Sprinter, but kept getting compiler errors.
Lastly I downloaded Repetier, and YES, it compiles.

What it doesn't do though, is upload. I get the following error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x48

To give some background, I am using Arduino 1.0.1.
The Sanguinololu is Rev 1.3a.
I have grabbed the Sanguino files from [sanguino.cc] and put into the hardware folder.

I can upload to my Arduino Uno from this machine.
When the Sanguinololu is plugged in, there is only one Com port, so fairly sure that's not it.

As per the instructions on [reprap.org], I have dropped the baud rate to 38400, as well as trying the hold the reset button until the sketch has compiled.
It has the Auto Reset jumper in place.

I have tried a different USB cable.

I am just about running out of ideas. The only thing that changes is the resp code, sometimes 0x48, other times 0xa8. There may have been more, but those are the ones I have observed.

I am running Windows 7. I haven't found any where suggesting that I need a certain driver for the Sanguinololu, so Windows loads a driver, and it shows up in Device Manager, under Ports as USB Serial Port (COM8).

The only other thing I can think of to is try a different PC, but, even though that PC will happily recognise my Arduino Uno, it whinges & complains when I plug in the Sanguinololu.

I have contemplated replacing the AT644 chip, but, since there is a firmware loaded already, which works, just isn't calibrated, I'm not very convinced the chip is the issue.

I am looking for ideas.
Any ideas at this point.

Regards,

Peter.
Re: Trouble uploading Sanguinololu firmware
September 24, 2012 08:50PM
I have now got the second PC to play friendly & talk to the Uno & Sanguinololu.

The only difference is that the resp code is now 0x00.
Trouble uploading Sanguinololu firmware - Resolved
September 25, 2012 04:57AM
As per [forums.reprap.org], I needed to change the baud rate down to 38400, but also the protocol from stk500 to arduino.

Windows had defaulted the port speed to 57600 in Device Manager, so that needed dropping down to 38400 as well.

Hey presto, it works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login