Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few RepRapPro Huxley questions

Posted by Physics_Dude 
A few RepRapPro Huxley questions
October 10, 2012 09:22PM
I'm looking forward to getting a Huxley from RepRapPro to replace my Makerbot Thing-o-Matic, but I have a few questions before I make the order.

- First off, what is the stock nozzle diameter for the RepRapPro Huxley kit and how does a well-tuned Huxley's print quality compare to a healthy Thing-o-Matic w/ Mk7?
- I don't have any PLA plastic, only ABS, so would it be worth it to get the printed pieces from PepRapPro? In this case, I'm really only concerned about the quality and strength of the printed parts they send out.
- lastly, are there any notable upgrades I should consider to get for the Huxley?

Any info is appreciated,
Thanks in advance
Re: A few RepRapPro Huxley questions
October 16, 2012 05:54PM
Hi,

Our standard nozzle size sent out with the kits is 0.5. We have spares available which are 0.3.

For an example of print quality from one of our Huxleys see [blog.reprap.org]

If you would like a sample print or sample piece from a kit please send me through an email and I will get one posted out to you.

Best wishes
Sally
October 16, 2012 10:19PM
Hi Sally,

I appreciate your offer for a sample piece, but I find that unnecessary as I will likely place the order for RepRapPro Huxley (and .3mm nozzle) this week.

Ideally it would be best if I knew what the typical print settings are for the production prints. (i.e. infill, shells, nozzle diameter, etc.)

Other than that, I am very impressed by the capabilities of the RepRapPro Huxley.

Many thanks,
Mike
October 17, 2012 08:24AM
Hi Mike,

Our production print settings are:

Software used is Slic3r.

For PLA

Filament diameter: 1.75
Nozzle Temp: 200
Bed Temp: 57
Nozzle diameter: 0.5mm
Extrusion width: 0.5mm Note: use 0.5 for all extrusion width options like perimeter width etc.
Layer Height: 0.3mm
Fill density: 20%
Number of vertical shells: 2
Number of horizontal shells: 4

Let me know if you would like any further information and I will see what I can do.

Best wishes
Sally
October 17, 2012 10:15AM
Alright, excellent!
Thanks Sally, I will certainly be ordering a full kit later tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 10:16AM by Physics_Dude.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login