Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First print done on my MakerGear Prusa!!!

Posted by NathanielW 
First print done on my MakerGear Prusa!!!
October 19, 2012 09:42AM
As of last night, I am officially a Reprapper!!! My first test print was the minimug.stl from thingiverse.com. Everything seem to work fine! But I'm still kinda unfamiliar with the specifics on the entire process. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to print next or perhaps a good website for learning more about the specifics on the printing process?
Re: First print done on my MakerGear Prusa!!!
October 19, 2012 09:50AM
You've already done all the calibration prints? Here's a good calibration set with detailed instructions on how to use them. Finish with this and you should be well on your way to perfect prints. Personally I just printed a million hollow cubes and others like the Pyramid or thin walls for calibrating.

When your done be sure to print a shot glass and toast to your success!

-Tom
Re: First print done on my MakerGear Prusa!!!
October 19, 2012 02:28PM
Once you get things mostly dialed in, I'd suggest printing some of the models from past competitions in the competition forum (it's in the Fabrication section about halfway down the main page). People post pictures of their prints and after looking at some of the entries I realized that the yoda print I thought looked halfway decent still had a lot of room for improvement. After dropping my extrusion temperature for PLA from 190C to 165C, the print quality improved quite a bit. Too bad that particular competition ended before I had time to submit an entry . . .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login