Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot connect to RepRapPro Huxley after PSU falure

Posted by LarsIslander 
Cannot connect to RepRapPro Huxley after PSU falure
December 08, 2012 01:19PM
Hi All,

A few days ago my ATX power supply I have been powering my Huxley went bang. I took a look inside, and the over-current resistor on the mains side had blown. The PSU was about 10 years old, had not been used for about 5 years before around 2 days of working fine at the weekend. I think that it may have been knocked while transporting it back to my place at the weekend.

I now cant connect to the Meltze board on the Huxley. However, the red light flashes on power up, and stops flashing as the laptop tries to connect, which suggests to me that at least that much of the micro-controller is working as expected.

The console output I am getting is below. I don't have much experience debugging Python, but it seems the problem is with pronterface and not the printer? I am really hoping that this is a software problem, and not the Meltze board that has got busted.

Can anyone take a look and give me some pointers on where to go next?

Thanks,
- Lars

Connecting...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 14665, in 
    lambda event: event.callable(*event.args, **event.kw) )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py", line 1850, in AppendText
    return _controls_.TextCtrl_AppendText(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
    return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 2: invalid continuation byte
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 14665, in 
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_controls.py", line 1850, in AppendText
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xdb in position 1: invalid continuation byte
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x88 in position 0: invalid start byte
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf2 in position 3: invalid continuation byte
Re: Cannot connect to RepRapPro Huxley after PSU falure
December 11, 2012 01:31AM
When I had a mid-print stop due to my psu browning out I had to reflash my arduino mega before I could communicate with it again, worth testing at least.

Prusa with cast PU parts, RAMPS 1.3, Wades extruder, J-Head hot end
Re: Cannot connect to RepRapPro Huxley after PSU falure
December 11, 2012 03:54AM
Thanks Karlburg, I will try that. I hope that it's this, and not physical damage to the board sad smiley

After reading jackrocker418's thread about not being able to connect, I had planned to check to see of the arduino IDE could connect to it.

Thanks everyone for reading, I'll update this when I get any progress (or lack there-of).

Cheers,
- Lars
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login