Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What Slic3r settings will help me fix this?

Posted by PeteD 
What Slic3r settings will help me fix this?
January 26, 2013 08:48PM
I keep seeing the infill not meeting up with one side of a perimeter wall, or no infill between two very close together perimeter walls in my prints. (see attached pictures) Everything connects for the first layer, but there is no connection on all later layers. I'm pretty sure that I have something set wrong in my Slic3r settings, but I'm not sure which parameter would be best to tweak. How do I ensure that the infill will fully meet up with the perimeter?

Edit:
Actually, as I look closer at the prints, it looks like the first two lines in the three line perimeters are separated from the third line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2013 08:56PM by PeteD.
Attachments:
open | download - Wheel.JPG (101.2 KB)
open | download - Frame Corner.JPG (94.2 KB)
Re: What Slic3r settings will help me fix this?
January 28, 2013 05:58PM
Following the topic, as sometimes I face the same issue.

Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
January 28, 2013 06:46PM
You can get better thin wall infill if you manually set the default extrusion width to be equal to the nozzle diameter under print settings\advanced\default extrusion width.

It is also relative to your nozzle diameter and wall thickness. Example not accounting for overlap, if you have a 1.4 mm wall and a .5mm nozzle, the perimeter would be 2x.5=1 mm leaving .4 mm that is too small to fill with a .5mm nozzle.

On your infill not meeting up on one side, I would image you also get it with circular object infill? I had that issue and had to start running backlash compensation on my machine to correct it. Also makes circles closer to true.
January 29, 2013 06:51AM
Setting the perimeter width to 0.5mm fixed it! Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login