Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KISSlicer Woes

Posted by PeteD 
KISSlicer Woes
February 28, 2013 08:19PM
I'm trying out other slicing software systems than Slic3r. Right now I'm trying KISSlicer. I've set up my preferences to my printer type. However, I'm getting an error 'No paths to save' whenever I try to slice a .stl file. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
Re: KISSlicer Woes
February 28, 2013 10:13PM
I hadn't used KissSlicer before, but I just downloaded it after seeing your message and fired it up

It's not a definitive answer, but more of a related observation...If I don't have a model loaded and click slice, lol and behold, I get a popup that says 'No paths to save'

(in other words, as I suspected, KissSlicer is literally saying that "there are no cam tool paths for me to save")

SO...first thing I'd make sure of is that you have a model loaded to have a path generated, or you will most definitely see that message.

I can confirm that in the version I jsut downloaded, 1.0.9.7 for windows, after loading an stl and clicking slice, it behaves "normally, and a save window pops open for saving the ? .brf ? cam path file.

If that fails, then possibly there's something wrong with your model (STL import) or something's wrong with the version of KissSlicer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 10:15PM by xiando.
March 01, 2013 08:17AM
Yep. It was file related. I loaded a different file and it sliced just fine, thanks!
March 01, 2013 08:40AM
yw.

Drives me somewhat crazy when I see cryptic messages from programs (although that abbreviation was one I happened to recognize). If I were to offer the author feedback I'd suggest that they modify that message to read a bit clearer for a more general audience. The filesize load of additional 20 or 30 characters is minuscule in comparison to the effect of a user encountering what for many appears as gibberish.
March 01, 2013 09:12AM
If you load a single walled object with a wall thickness thinner than your path width kisslicer says no just like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 09:12AM by konwiddak.
March 01, 2013 09:24AM
hmm... so does it still output path but generate the message (a code error), or does it fail to generate a path? (i wasn't sure what you meant)
March 01, 2013 03:22PM
If the model is 100% thin wall and the thickness is less than the extrusion width it generates no paths and throws an error.
March 01, 2013 04:05PM
"and throws an error."
right. ok, just wanted to make sure I understood you correctly.
March 01, 2013 05:06PM
The original model I was getting the error on was a thin wall calibration test. Good to know that what the cause was.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login