Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nylon bed material

Posted by Blitz2190 
nylon bed material
April 30, 2013 04:10PM
I felt like giving nylon another shot after i got good with abs, turns out nylon sticks very well to a thick abs slurry on a heated bed, just felt like sharing as i couldn't find the topic about the bed material for nylon.
Re: nylon bed material
April 30, 2013 06:04PM
What bed temperature?

Surprising and interesting because that implies ABS could be used as a support material for nylon. Acetone will dissolve the ABS, bit not nylon.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 30, 2013 06:26PM
Hi there,
RichRap had an excellent recent post on the topic of printing with Nylon 618 filament. In that post he refers to Tufnol as being a good bed matial for Nylon printing. http://richrap.blogspot.ie/2013/04/3d-printing-with-nylon-618-filament-in.html

Quote from Rich's blog...
"And one final note, if you plan to use Nylon for printing, MakeAlot directed me that the best surface material to print on is Tufnol (Whale brand) this cotton weave, resin based laminate is often used for mechanical jigs in the electronics or test area. You need to get the Whale brand type and not other similar products based on fiberglass or composites."
"It will go by different names over in the US (often Garolite LE) and may have other names where you are."

Hope this helps.

[numbersixreprap.blogspot.com]
May 01, 2013 02:02PM
nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What bed temperature?
>
> Surprising and interesting because that implies
> ABS could be used as a support material for nylon.
> Acetone will dissolve the ABS, bit not nylon.

I thought the same because when i purged the abs the nylon mixed and stuck the abs very well, as for temp 120
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login