Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange steps in GCODE

Posted by leadinglights 
Strange steps in GCODE
May 03, 2013 07:23AM
I recently got a 3D scan from 3DSky and tried to convert it from the .obj file to a .stl and thence to a .gcode and print it out. The problem that I am getting is that there seem to be errors in the .stl that Nettfabb Studio Basic does not repair. The result is that there are areas where a layer repeats itself several times before going back to where it should be. This error is visible in the GCODE as well as the final print

this first one is the preview in Repetier.

And this is the printed model (sorry about the less than clear photo) one of the more prominent ridges is clearly evident on just over half way up the forehead.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
Re: Strange steps in GCODE
May 03, 2013 07:50AM
Use the netfabb Cloud Service since it can repair things that netfabb Studio Basic doesn't even see.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
Re: Strange steps in GCODE
May 03, 2013 08:11AM
I think that I have found my error. After repairing you have to remove the old object before exporting the repaired STL code. I won't have a chance to try the repaired code today but will try tomorrow.

I will investigate the cloud service as well since many of my projects have minor problems that I have lived with to date.

Thanks,

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login