Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need the dimensions of the printed parts in metric or u.s.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by hardwire21698699 
I need the dimensions of the printed parts in metric or u.s.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 04, 2013 01:41PM
I want the dimensions of the printed parts so I can build them out of wood. I honestly do not know how to glean the info out the files so kindly & freely given. If someone could tell me either bit of info(the dimensions or how to get it from the files provided)
I would be both grateful and sharing of my work process.
Re: I need the dimensions of the printed parts in metric or u.s.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 04, 2013 02:45PM
I think eDrawings can load STL files, and I believe it has a measuring function in it.
Re: I need the dimensions of the printed parts in metric or u.s.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 04, 2013 03:03PM
Cool, I will investigate immediately. Thank you very much.
May 04, 2013 03:10PM
Netfabb basic also has a measuring function.
May 04, 2013 11:04PM
As does Meshlab.

You are aware of course that STL files are unitless. What's important is the ratio of one dimension versus another. A value of 1 can mean one millimeter or one mile. The only time units are attached is when you finally render the object on, for example, a 3D printer.
May 05, 2013 01:03PM
Thanks very much,
EDrawings was a good tip, but, I use slackware. Sadly it doesn't work w/my os. I will check these other two and others like them. If my friends and I can build the printable parts out of wood etc. anyone of us can complete a prusa in weekend. This, of course, is due to the incredible resources already made available. Y'all ROCK!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login