Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jhead MK V thermistors

Posted by dslc 
Jhead MK V thermistors
May 04, 2013 04:27PM
The Jhead reprap wiki page lists the EPCOS 100k B57560G104F as the thermistor (for the MK V at least). I ordered one of these recently (from a reputable supplier), however, and neither the thermistor nor the size of the thermistor mounting hole match the B57560G104F dimensions (2.4 x 4.1 mm for the glass bead).

Does one anyone precisely which thermistors are being commonly supplied with these hot-ends? E.g., how about this Glass bead NTC G540 thermistor: [radionics.rs-online.com] ? The bead dimensions on this thermistor are 0.8 Dia. x 1.4mm - which seems much closer to the hole machined on the Jhead I have.

Semi-commercial engineering | Reprap diary
Re: Jhead MK V thermistors
May 04, 2013 05:50PM
if i remember correctly there are 2 different versions of the mk v. They are designed for different thermistors because the original was discontinued by the manufacture. Are you sure you have the correct one?
May 05, 2013 08:05AM
Thanks! I didn't even notice that the MK V-B uses a different thermistor. The supplier didn't specify whether it's a MK V or MK V-B they are sending me - but I guess it's probably the newer one.

May 09, 2013 02:50PM
One more question if I may (not related to J-head hot-ends specifically) ...

Is there any significant drawback to using a 200k thermistor as opposed to a 100k thermistor? (I realize that I will have to update the thermistor table in the firmware.)

I ask because the only source I can find for the thermistor I'm looking for is out of the 100k versions.

May 09, 2013 03:22PM
I'm also having an issue finding out what table to use.

I recently got a MK V-B, and it came with a thermistor.

I have no information on which one it is.

I know it's ~100k at room temperature, and it was ~30k at 50deg C
May 10, 2013 11:02AM
from maker blog, the MK5b use :

Part Number: 104GT-2
Manufacturer: Semitec
Description: NTC 100k ohm 3%
Tolerance: 3%
Data Sheet: High Heat-Resistance and High Sensitive Thermistor
Diameter of Glass Bead: 1.35mm +-0.15mm
Length of Glass Bead: 3mm +-1mm
Lead Length: 45mm +-1mm
Lead Diameter: 0.15mm to 0.18mm
If using Sprinter firmware, select temperature table #5.

Now, good german copies of the J-head use yet another thermistor. This one is
honeywell 135-104QAD-J01 or 135-104LAC-J01 and should use the table #7 of sprinter
The latter is easy to identify, it is an inline cylinder one with a lead on each side like a resistor, not a bead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login