Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about different nozzle sizes

Posted by Yamster 
Question about different nozzle sizes
June 12, 2013 10:28AM
Hello,

I see there are different sizes for nozzles, like .35mm and .50mm. What is the difference?

Well, I know they are different in size, but what are the implications of this size difference?

I first thought the smaller nozzle would be better because it would be more accurate (or at least smoother surface in print out), but it seems like there's no price difference between two. So, I guess I am wrong to think one is better than the other (if so why would anyone buy the other one?) and it must be a preference...

What are the pros and cons of each side?

Thank you!
Re: Question about different nozzle sizes
June 12, 2013 11:57AM
You can print smaller features with the smaller nozzle, but it requires your printer to be better tuned. It also takes longer to print things with the smaller nozzle.

Basically the best thing is to have both and use whichever is best for any particular print.
June 12, 2013 12:14PM
amramsey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can print smaller features with the smaller
> nozzle, but it requires your printer to be better
> tuned. It also takes longer to print things with
> the smaller nozzle.
>
> Basically the best thing is to have both and use
> whichever is best for any particular print.

Actually that answers my second question; I was wondering if I can get two different sized nozzles and change it depending on what I want/need to do.

Thank you!
June 12, 2013 04:37PM
Yes but depending on the parts used you may have to use plumbers tape on the threads.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login