Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie - looking for 3d files of reprap parts

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
newbie - looking for 3d files of reprap parts
April 08, 2009 02:51AM
hi,
I was unable to find any 3d files for the reprap parts. I would liket to import the parts into sketchup if possible. At the very least I would like to get dimensioned drawings of each part so I can recreate them in sketchup. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
AlchemistDagger
Re: newbie - looking for 3d files of reprap parts
April 08, 2009 07:11AM
Hey - you can find the STL files on the Sourceforge repository, here:
[reprap.svn.sourceforge.net]

The free version of Sketchup doesn't seem to import STL's, but I found I could import the STL files into Blender, then export them as a 3ds file, then import that 3ds file into Sketchup.

I haven't had any success exporting STL's from Sketchup with the Su2stl.rb script, but I think Cadspan has an online plugin to do that. Also, I noticed that the scale was off by 25.4 in Sketchup - looks like an inch to mm conversion error. If you don't find a way to get the units right, you can scale the parts down by 25.4 in Blender.

Good luck! Dimensioned drawings would be nice, but I haven't seen any yet. I just print the parts and see if they're the right size. smiling smiley

Wade
Re: newbie - looking for 3d files of reprap parts
April 08, 2009 04:20PM
thanks for your time.....saving $ for purchase; I'm sure u will hear from me again....I hope u are kind enough to respond again!

Tracy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login