Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Double check my parts list before I buy my first build parts?

Posted by McSquid 
Double check my parts list before I buy my first build parts?
September 10, 2013 10:40PM
Attached is my build list and sources for my first build. I am building a Prusa i3 with a box style frame. Any suggested changes to this list? are these quality parts? Did i forget anything?

the hardware kit is for the single plate style but the seller assures me that it will work for box as well.
I haven't chosen a specific set of stepper motors on ebay yet but I know i need to make sure they have data sheets, good torque, and be around 1 - 1.2 amps rated.

I attached my parts list in both open office and excel formats. No need to grab both.
Attachments:
open | download - 3D Printer parts list.xls (10.5 KB)
open | download - 3D Printer parts list.ods (14.2 KB)
Re: Double check my parts list before I buy my first build parts?
September 12, 2013 09:18AM
How are you going to put it together, are you going to print it? If so dont see anything missing, but not sure if i would!
September 12, 2013 04:09PM
I have a friend who Is printing me the plastic parts. Just want to make sure I didnt miss anything or get bad parts.
September 16, 2013 07:08PM
Didn't see on your list but you may already have these. Connectors for motors and end-stops. Power supply.
September 19, 2013 12:05AM
I have a power supply already, However i DID forget those connectors. Thanks!

Can I use standard 3 pin PC fan connectors? I see no difference other than thickness and I have a bunch laying around.

Edit: Nevermind those don't seem like a good idea. 4 wires per motor and the endstop pins are too close together for those to be practical.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2013 12:25AM by McSquid.
September 19, 2013 12:29AM
Ya I think so but your gonna need 5 for the motors and 3 for the endstops. You can ordered the cables premade on ebay or if you want them to be a certain length you can order the connectors and crimps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login