Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hobbed bolt problems

Posted by printer_man58 
Hobbed bolt problems
October 28, 2013 03:28PM
I am almost ready To start my first print. The only problem is that the plastic won't come out of the extruder. Everything is heating up properly, but nothing is being extruded. I am fairly sure It is tight enough to extrude ( not too tight though). I was wondering if there could be a problem with the hobbed bolt?
Thanks
Re: Hobbed bolt problems
October 28, 2013 04:20PM
What machine (and extruder) do you have ?

Have you tried turning on the heater, set to the correct temperature, and manually pushing filament down into the hot end (you will need to release the filament gripping mechanism)?
October 28, 2013 05:48PM
I have a mendelmax 1.5 and a budaschnozzle 2.0. I have been able to push it down manually, so I know there is no jamming of the plastic.
October 28, 2013 08:55PM
I'd bet that you don't have the bolts that tension your extruder tight enough. They need to be mighty tight on the extruders I've seen.
October 29, 2013 04:41PM
Are you talking about the screws that have a spring over it to add to the pressure because i have screwed that in pretty tight.
October 29, 2013 10:06PM
Do you have the Wades Extruder? You could try tightening those screws. I would also try taking the hobbed bolt out and seeing how clean it is. Could you also post a few pictures of the hobbed bolt, Extruder etc.
November 01, 2013 07:15PM
pics plase
November 04, 2013 06:35PM
I fixed this problem i just hadn't positioned it correctly. Thanks to all those who helped!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login