Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepliactorG and CopperRap

Posted by philwaud 
RepliactorG and CopperRap
August 11, 2009 10:11AM
Ive had a frustrating couple of weeks with my RepStrap, CopperRap!

After getting the two stepper boards (v1.2), I thought the battle was won and I would be soon looking at some form of extruder, how wrong I was!

Despite many attempts, I couldnt get the reprap host software to behave. I wanted to be able to use a pencil to draw some graphics on a sheet of paper by making some files, converting them to g-code and print them. No such luck!

Eventually, I came across ReplicatorG but not before blowing one of the chips on the z axis stepper board!

Whilst I am pleased about the progress and results now, a post on the forum from "Bodge It Quick!" [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com] really got me thinking. The post was about inserting 608 skate bearings into a wooden block to use as a linear bearing. This immediately caught my attention because 608 bearings are 22mm in diameter and you can buy standard copper pipe with exactly that diameter!

The long and the short of it is that i am going to be taking apart CopperRap version 1 and making a new CopperRap v2!

Here is a link to the CopperRap blog, and there is a video in my rambling Yorkshire accent showing results so far!

http://copperrap.blogspot.com/

As always, the RepRap community is an endless source of help and advice, thanks to everyone for their comments - I am eternally grateful!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 10:15AM by philwaud.
Re: RepliactorG and CopperRap
August 12, 2009 09:45PM
The extruder always seems to be the hardest hurtle to get over, but hang in there!
Re: RepliactorG and CopperRap
August 18, 2009 02:56PM
Very cool to see it working!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login