Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by NLightNMe 
August 11, 2009 11:49PM
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself since I'm just getting started. My name is Rudye and I'm in Tucson, AZ. I bought some pipe and angle aluminum this week to start a McWire build.

I bought 1/16" aluminum angle because I found it at the local reclaim lot. Anyone know why the instructions say "1/8" highly recommended"? I guess it was originally done with 1/16" since that is in the photo. I wonder what problems that gave.

Also, is there an acceptable way to change some of the instructions and parts list? I see that some are missing, confusing, or out of date.

Best Wishes to My New Friends,
Rudye
Re: New Member
August 12, 2009 10:33AM
I would like to add some changes to a new version of McWire also. There are some other people that have made helpful changes to the McWire that should be included also.

I've updated the laser cut files for the X and Y stages based on my experience and suggestions from others. They are on my build post called "not just another McWire seriously!" The files are in DXF format, if someone wants them in another format let me know.

The guy who made the McWire page, told me it is dead meaning that he his no longer working on it. So we should make a page for a McWire 1.3. I'm not sure how to do that but I will try to find out.
Peter
August 18, 2009 05:25PM
Rudye,
Try this page: [objects.reprap.org]
You should be able to create an account to edit the wiki.
September 26, 2009 11:56PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm excited today because I got my x-stage assembled and connected to the stepper motor. I put together a 555 oscillator circuit so I can control the speed of the platform with a pot as it moves back and forth. Very exciting for me; probably not so much for everyone else.
September 27, 2009 06:55PM
target=pbharrin /pat on the back. smiling smiley

I know exactly how you feel. When I first got my x-axis moving I was so excited. You are well on your way. Make sure to keep us updated.

congrats,

Josh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login