Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Building repstrap...I got the hardware, what's next?

Posted by sam0737 
Building repstrap...I got the hardware, what's next?
September 04, 2009 03:23PM
I am converting my Linux EMC controlled mini-CNC Mill to a Repstrap, I got the hardware part working now (extruder, driver, firmware...), but then what's next?

In particular, is there any simple object that I can print to verify my machine settings? I don't even know how to use skienforge and tune those parameters!

I hope there was a easier walkthrough to understand how skienforge should be calibrated.

At the very least, where can I find the order of the task execution? (The preference page shows the plugin sorted by alphabet...)
Re: Building repstrap...I got the hardware, what's next?
September 05, 2009 12:46PM
I am going to answer my own question.

I sit down, and took an hour or two to read through every plugins' documentation.

My conclusion is that - for those parameters that has to be tweaked, they are very easy to understand and well documented. For those complicated matter, the default are most like fine.

The craft sequences are stored in skeinforge_tools/craft_sequences/ file. It's a good place to start with and follow the documentation of every tool from top to bottom.

I need to make a few edits to change M104, M108 output from Sxxx to Pxxx though, so that the Linux EMC2 would understand.
September 06, 2009 10:28AM
sam0737 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In particular, is there any simple object that I
> can print to verify my machine settings?

As I understand it, it's traditional to print a small shot glass (minimug) to toast your success.

Minimug
September 09, 2009 02:48PM
Haha. Nice suggestion but I don't drink.

So at the end, my first printed, usable object is a cooling fan mount for my repstrap. [picasaweb.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login