Too small holes !
November 26, 2013 01:56PM
Hi
I am using a prusa (home brew) using repetier-host V0.90c and Slic3r.

It works ok, but the holes is getting slightly small (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:52946).

Any hints ?

/Bertil
Re: Too small holes !
November 26, 2013 03:37PM
Based on the link you posted, sounds like your flow calibration is off.
You're putting too much material down at once, and it's pushing out.

It looks like backing off the flow rate in Slic3r will do the trick, but you may have to play with it a bit.
November 26, 2013 04:38PM
Thanks BlackDragon, I will try that.smiling smiley

/Berra
November 26, 2013 07:48PM
How small are the holes you are trying to print? Where are the holes in the part?

There are a number of constraints on the size of things you can or can't print. A 0.5mm diameter 30mm long hole will not print properly, no matter how you tweak your printer. A hole that's 0.5 mm away from the edge of the part will have problems. The slicing program can only do just so much with a given width of "track" coming out of the extruder.
November 27, 2013 03:24AM
I am trying print the test_plug.stl
but no success, it dosnt fit confused smiley

/Berra
Attachments:
open | download - test_plug.stl (439 KB)
November 27, 2013 07:51AM
You need to look at the result. There are a number of things that can be wrong. Fixing the wrong thing might make this test work, but other things fail.

1) Have you calibrated your extruder? Does it move 10mm of filament when you tell it to move 10mm of filament?
2) Have you measured the diameter of your filament? It's going to be something like 2.94 mm rather than 3.0. The number needs to be put in Slic3r
3) What is the diameter of the hole in your hot end? It's going to be something like 0.42 mm rather than 0.4. There are a number of ways to measure it.
4) What is your layer height in Silc3r? What is the extrusion width? Extrusion width needs to be > the hole in the hot end, but not by a lot.
5) What is the ratio of layer height to extrusion width? Something like layer height = extrusion width / 1.5 is a good start
6) What is the flow rate adjust set to? Ideally it should be 1.0.

--------------

Does the part not fit because it's warped? That's a whole different set of things?

Does the part not fit because of banding or skips - again a different set of issues?

Do you have retraction set up right? = another set of things to look at.

What kind of setup do you have, is it unusual? - could be a whole bunch of things.

Pictures might be a good idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 08:03AM by uncle_bob.
November 28, 2013 03:28AM
I am begining have hang on it now, it fits, now to adust size on the plug !

/Berra
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login