Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerware broke RepG?

Posted by MrBaz 
Makerware broke RepG?
December 25, 2013 09:28PM
Been using RepG40r22 with the latest accelerated firmware on a Thing-o-Matic. It has been working fine.

I decided to use Makerware today (latest version) just for fun. I printed a few things, but was not impressed with the lack of features of Makerware.

Switched back over to RepG (after stopping the makerbot conveyor service). Now, the X and Y axes move at a snails pace when under gcode. Control panel will let me zip them at any speed I want just fine. Homing the axes, manual gcode, or building parts makes the two axes move super slow. Z axis seems to be unaffected.

Thoughts?
Re: Makerware broke RepG?
December 26, 2013 01:06PM
Sounds like you messed up a config file .... since it's all coming from the slicing end of things, that's where to look first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2013 01:07PM by uncle_bob.
December 26, 2013 08:29PM
I've compared the config file to an original, unmolested one. I can't seem to find anything that would have changed. I don't think it is the slicer, because even changing speed settings in raw gcode act weird. Setting the speed slower than like 100mm/s will actually slow the speed down, but setting the speed above 100mm/s doesn't change anything. I'll try blowing away the original config file and start from scratch. Thanks for the idea!
December 27, 2013 09:09AM
It ended up being the config file. I don't know how it got corrupted, but everything is back to normal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login