Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Retraction

Posted by KeenanKon 
Extruder Retraction
January 23, 2014 05:43AM
Hi, my extruder seems to be retracting too fast. You know, when you're printing something, the extruder sometimes retracts itself. Mine retracts too fast and the plastic jumps off the hole. I'll remake the hole later, but now I just want it to retract slower, so that the plastic wont jump out. How can I make it slower? Is it at Marlin or at Sli3r?

I've already set:

****************************************************************************************************************
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 500 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 500 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 20.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 4.0 // (mm/sec)

****************************************************************************************************************
But no luck.
Re: Extruder Retraction
January 23, 2014 06:13AM
If I'm not wrong, this can be defined at the slicer. I'm using kisslicer and there is an option to define the retraction rate.
January 23, 2014 12:34PM
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 25} // (mm/sec)

change that 25 to the max speed you want.
January 23, 2014 03:49PM
This can be set in Slic3r. If you are using v1.0.0, it is under the Printer Settings tab, then select your extruder, and change the Speed under the Retraction heading.
January 26, 2014 09:26AM
Don't you want to set your firmware retraction max setting higher than what you really want to use in your slicer so that the slicer speed isn't limited by the firmware maximum?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login