Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap stepper motor problems

Posted by soaring eagle 
reprap stepper motor problems
January 30, 2014 07:23PM
Hello I got my reprap completely built and all electronics hooked up but when I go to move the stepper motors in pronterface nothing happens. When I bought the stepper motors they already had a connecter attached on to them so I just had to attach longer wires to those ones so I don't think its the wire order, but in case it is my wire colors are red yellow blue orange and they are hooked up in that order. My stepper motors don't vibrate at all even when there's no load. It might be my wiring so if you have suggestions on the best wiring method please write about that to I need all the help I can get.

If it will help any one find the answer to my problem I am using generation 7 electronics and when I press the endstops a red light lights up on the endstop so I know they work and also my ardiuno board blinks a yellow light when I try to tell the stepper motors to move. Another thing is that my hot end also doesn't turn on when I tell it to heat up nothing happens and it just says that it is heating up but nothing happens along with my stepper motors pronterface says that it sent and told them to move, if you are confused with what I siad I'm trying to say that when I tell it to do something it doesn't come up with a error it says it did it but nothing happen.
Please right any suggestions you might have Thanks.
Re: reprap stepper motor problems
May 19, 2014 12:24AM
Hi

Did you ever figure out your stepper wiring ?

I have the same wire colors as you. And they are hooked in the same way.
I've had a blown chip so haven't tested myself.

How did yours end-up?
Thanks
Re: reprap stepper motor problems
May 19, 2014 11:20PM
-check this trick, just use a LED to know if your stepper motor is working

(Spanish video)
[youtu.be]

-Swap polulus steper drivers, maybe your polulu is not working.
-check the power on the motors with a voltmeter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login