Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto-leveling and the Azteeg x3

Posted by KDog 
Auto-leveling and the Azteeg x3
February 13, 2014 11:51PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get auto-leveling set up on my home built Printrbot original with an Azteeg x3. It is supposed to use the same pins as Ramps but there are some differences. On Ramps, the servo goes on a servo connector which consists of three pins: ground, 5v and D11. Marlin is actually all set up to work with this assignment. On the Azteeg, D11 has three pins but only two can be used at a time: 5v, SW and 12V. Has anybody connected a servo to their Azteeg for auto-leveling?

Thanks,

KDog
Re: Auto-leveling and the Azteeg x3
February 18, 2014 01:14AM
Well, figured it out if anyone is interested. I used the pins on MOT5. Specifically, the 5v and ground, and D23 for the control wire. cut the original connecter off the servo and added a two pin connecter to the 5v and ground leads and a single pin connecter to the sense wire. In the firmware you have to change the servo00 pins (in pins.h) to 23 and you are good to go.
March 13, 2014 01:02AM
KDog
Well, figured it out if anyone is interested. I used the pins on MOT5. Specifically, the 5v and ground, and D23 for the control wire. cut the original connecter off the servo and added a two pin connecter to the 5v and ground leads and a single pin connecter to the sense wire. In the firmware you have to change the servo00 pins (in pins.h) to 23 and you are good to go.

Hi KDog! I´m really interested on your findings! Can you please indicate me where the MOT5 pins are in the board? Are they in the expansion? Thanks
March 13, 2014 12:49PM
christianmella
KDog

Hi KDog! I´m really interested on your findings! Can you please indicate me where the MOT5 pins are in the board? Are they in the expansion? Thanks

I'll let you figure out where D23 is... [reprap.org] You can of course use a different digital pin if you want, just change pins.h to match.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login