Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print freezing mid print at exactly the same placesad smiley

Posted by suramu 
print freezing mid print at exactly the same placesad smiley
February 19, 2014 12:01AM
Hi all,

So I have build me a reprap mendel i2 works nicely mostly some detailing issues. however I am asking the comunity for help with regards to it freezing mid print. I have tried printing twice now (from SD card) and it always stop at the same place same time. I have added pictures of what the LCD display shows when it freezes and after I restart the power supply (it shows that the monitor actually freezes). This has never happened before, not when I have printed with SD card or with direct connection.

I am using:
ramps 1.4
SD card memory card for transfer of data
firmware: Marlin
g code using slic3r

any ideas?

suramu
Attachments:
open | download - photo 1_1.jpg (371.5 KB)
open | download - photo 2_2.jpg (418.8 KB)
Re: print freezing mid print at exactly the same placesad smiley
February 19, 2014 09:20AM
try copying the file to the sd card again. It might have been corrupted.
February 20, 2014 02:57AM
Hi,
I had the same problem once: I did´t release the SD-Card correctly after copying the file to the Card. I then opend the SD-Card G-Code File inRepetier and - it was just a half object...look at the size of your original file and that on your SD card. Do they match?

Manu
February 25, 2014 11:29AM
Hi,

Yes the print dimentions are the same.

So what I did was to print the parts seperately, so each print took about one hour. To explain the previous G-code included several STL files (I thought it would be smart to just add all the objectst in one print saves a lot of prep time). This worked fine. I have yet to try a larger print (2hrs+).
So I will conclude for now that the file might have been corrupted. I will update this post when I have tried a longer lasting print.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login