Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MakerFarm Prusa i3 - Replacing wooden parts with printed

Posted by AJMetal87 
MakerFarm Prusa i3 - Replacing wooden parts with printed
February 27, 2014 10:58AM
Hello everyone! My name is Andrew and I am brand new to repraps! I successfully build a MakerFarm Prusa i3 with Colin's help (Great service) and its working great.

I see a bunch of custom repraps all over the place and I think that is so cool. I want to get rid of the majority of the wood (x carriage and linear bearing holders etc) on the Prusa i3 and I have been searching for replacement .STLs for these parts that would need little or no modification to print and replace the wood parts on my printer. The wood is fine, but it is definitely more plyable than then say 80% fill ABS/PLA, obviously. I just want to mod it to be more sturdy all around.

So heres the question:

Does anyone know if someone has made and shared these parts? I cannot find them anywhere.

Thank you so much in advance everyone. Talk soon!

- Andrew
Re: MakerFarm Prusa i3 - Replacing wooden parts with printed
February 27, 2014 11:20AM
I havent seen any personally.
I have thought the same thing for my Makerfarm 8" but with me being a designer I was going to model some up and put them on thingiverse. Just havent had the time to do so yet.
February 27, 2014 12:41PM
Thanks for the reply! You should definietely keep us posted, I for one, would be very eager to print those. My i3 is an 8" as well.
February 27, 2014 04:10PM
Looked quick on Thingiverse again and saw these:
[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]

Granted his prints look terrible but the actual parts look ok.
Ill still be designing some of my own when I can.
March 02, 2014 09:08AM
I would be interested in this as well.
March 03, 2014 09:01AM
[reprap.org]

Released not too long ago but the X Gantry dimensions are the same as the Prusa I3 which will make it compatible with the Makerfarm I3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login