Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 full signal breakout

Posted by Abysium 
RAMPS 1.4 full signal breakout
April 15, 2014 10:55AM
Hello everyone!

Im fairly new to the 3D printing scene, here just for the last half a year and loving it full force.

My current machine is an I3, and the thing is awesome (current resolution i use is 0.08)
So I have a heated bed, 2 extruders, active extruder cooling (e3d fm), active motor cooling (just spliced in the 12V line on the psu), active print cooling
(the print cooling fans are currently on a manual bangbang configuration, as I am waiting for the RRD fan extender to arrive) and a lcd+rotary+sd combo
I have many more ideas with a varying amount of sensibility I would like to incorporate in the dessign, but need some help.
Currently working on my Z probe, I started wondering how many more signals I can pull out of the RAMPS that I could operate with Gcode.

So my question is; how can I pull out the maximum amount of signals out of RAMPS1.4 ?
Im using the AUX3 for the SD card and still have AUX 1 and 2 and SERVOS empty
So I imagine the fan extender will go into one of the AUX'es, the Zprobe servo probably goes somwhere in SERVOS and its probe would go into Zendstops.
Am I allready to full to pack in a BlueTooth module?

Regardless of the BT module (which in my thoughts is a vanity item)

Can I pull out any more servos ? any more digitals?
ideas I am working on are:
-motorised chamber opening (closed chamber - motorised door)
-motorised removal of heatbed insulation cover for faster heatup
-automated adhesion spraying (dont even ask, just needs 1 bangbang signal)

I could do more, but I stopped brainstorming after someone reminded me I could be low on signals, so untill I know I can pull out enough commands, I am not working on an automated print removing system.

So basicaly the question is: How many digitals can be pulled out, how many servos, where (with regards to 1.4 ramps board) and how (with regards to gcode control)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login