Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 will not connect

Posted by tobig11 
Re: Prusa i3 will not connect
May 05, 2014 03:22PM
Okay I did a little more research for you there is a special USB driver for AMD 64 so in the device manager of your computer you want to go the Arduino and go update driver manually find driver and then go to the Arduino folder go to drivers in there you will see USB AMD 64 driver in your computer and pick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 03:24PM by cnc dick.
May 05, 2014 04:06PM
What I read concerning loading the firmware look for file marlin for prusa i3 with extension .ino and upload that, not what you just said,a file called Marlin.pde
May 05, 2014 04:18PM
That is for For downloading the program unzip it now just forget about everything concerning i3 this firmware is a totally generic per machine except for configuration file. I don't know where you got that information what you're going to look for is if you using Marlin is Marlin.pde after you download Marlin to your computer click on it if you board is connecting to computer okay have you looked in your device manager you are going to have to find out what comport and baud rate anyway once you're in Arduino the file you have to open up the upload to the board is Marlin.pde I don't know if you understand uploads and downloads like I say there is videos out there showing you how to do this I don't think I can help you anymore

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 04:29PM by cnc dick.
May 05, 2014 04:25PM
What I read was concerning loading the firmware for the first time, was look for a file Marlin for Prusa i3 with extension .ino. and load that because that is what I did. In other words when I load the firmware. Upload a file called Marlin.pde NOT Pruxa i3 with extension. ino.
May 05, 2014 04:36PM
Let me try to explain this the marlin you talked about for the I3 is the download of the firmware that is not what you're going to upload to the board that is going to be Marlin.pde file which is inside that marlin folder which you have downloaded . You do this through the Arduino file open Marlin.pde upload this isn't that difficult

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 04:36PM by cnc dick.
May 05, 2014 04:44PM
What I read, concerning, when you load the firmware, From the arduino menu, choose File then open and then look for firmware in downloads folder. Browse to the folder and look for file Marlin for prusa i3 with extension. ion, upload that.. What your saying is to load the firmware to the board is to use a file named Marlin pde. Right.
May 05, 2014 04:46PM
yes just like the first video that you were supposed to look at yes try it hopefully your board is connecting all right. You still might have to go to your device manager in your computer and find out what comport in baud rate it's using the Arduino board.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 04:55PM by cnc dick.
May 05, 2014 04:56PM
Didn't mean to put that on there 3 times. I thought it didn't load the first 2 times, till I seen there was a second page.
May 05, 2014 05:01PM
Did you try the Marlin.pde yet try it
May 05, 2014 05:16PM
No I wouldn't be able fool around with the printer for a few days or so. I have to many other things to do and get courtup on and work. Will get back to you when I do.
May 05, 2014 05:26PM
I guess it really doesn't matter You can use Marlin.ino also or even the configuration H file
May 05, 2014 06:18PM
Just finished building the Prusa i3 from 3dPrinterCzar.
On their website, they have a copy of the Marlin firmware with the proper Configuration.h file already configured for use with this printer.
I did find two errors in their configuration file, which I do not know if they have fixed yet.

1) Comment out the line:
#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING

2) #define MOTHERBOARD is set to 34. I believe it should be set to 33 so that the fan operates.

After that, the only thing I had to do was calibration. Baud rate was set to 250000.

-Matt
May 07, 2014 12:34PM
Tried over writing the frimware. Wouldn't overwrite. tried auto format. wouldn't auto format. Deleted everything on the computer with name arduino.
May 07, 2014 01:13PM
Okay when you plug your USB cable into computer and Arduino does your computer say found new hardware. In other words is the computer seeing the board you can check by going in the device manager and seeing if it's there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 01:20PM by cnc dick.
May 07, 2014 03:16PM
I have to reinstall Arduino software, and download the firmware again. But I just plug in the USB and the computer calls to want to install driver. I'm not going to play with anymore today. I'm not sure if I should try again on the laptop or my desktop. Everything the computer guy told me I could do didn't work. He told me I could format the board which I couldn't do.It has in arduino tools, new format, which did nothing. Thats when I took everything off the computer. Tomorrows another day.
Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 05:57PM by tobig11.
May 07, 2014 06:08PM
Okay it's a good sign that the computer asked that do you know how to get to the device manager on your computer. That's where you have to go and install or update driver what you want is in the drivers folder of Arduino. Again not to be sound mean but Do you have basic computer skills I'm trying to help you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 06:11PM by cnc dick.
May 08, 2014 01:58PM
Click on this link if you have Windows 7 or Vista it's near the bottom of the page it does different operating systems read carefully find your operating system follow the instructions I'm trying to help[www.nextdayreprap.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2014 02:03PM by cnc dick.
May 09, 2014 05:11AM
Yes I know how to use a computer, I have had a computer since Radio Shack, first came out with them. As a matter of fact I still have one of the first, Dot color printers, in my attic, which at the time cost $ 500.00. which was a lot of money at that time.
I have to go to work and other thinks that have to be done so I will not be fooling with the printer for a few days or so.
May 17, 2014 06:18AM
Fixed the problem. New boards.
June 06, 2014 04:54PM
Hi all
Great post.
I am currenttly building a prusa i3 from replikeo.
Everything is built and hooked up however.I am running win 7 64 bit and I use the ramps 1.4 and the arduino mega 2560.
I have uploaded the marlin software with the modifications to the configuration.h library.
And so far so good.But when i plug in the ramps shield an put in the usb and 12v power on there.My computer suddenly sees an unknown device.now baudrate is11520.So thats ok . I have used cura and repetier.but nothing happens .they dont connect.
So... what am i doing wrong? is the ramps board faulty or does this bord need some driver to? i thought it was just a powerboard to provide current etc.

Many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login