Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High School RepRap Project

Posted by HSRepProject 
High School RepRap Project
February 02, 2010 07:24PM
Hello,
We are a small three person team with the goal of building a RepRap Mendel for a class project. We are very new to the project would greatly appreciate any help you would be willing to offer. If anyone has a set of printed parts or electronic components they might be willing to part with, it would be incredibly helpful.
Thank You,
HSRepProject.
Re: High School RepRap Project
February 02, 2010 07:44PM
I'm making my printed parts from wood, using none of the official electronics because they're too difficult to source, and writing my own firmware so it'll fit on the regular arduino I have available to me.

As with any robotics project, there's a scale with expense at one end and ingenuity at the other. Choose where you wish to sit. smiling smiley

[wooden-mendel.blogspot.com]
February 03, 2010 10:29AM
Hey guys,

Instead of making a Mendel you might want to consider making this McWire Bot . Its much easier to construct then a Mendel (as parts can be hard to find for a Mendel) and you can use it to make a Mendel afterwards if you want.
February 05, 2010 11:34AM
I second the suggestion to build a McWire. It's a much easier cartesian robot to build from locally sourced parts than the mendel design. Note that the firmware, electronics, and stepper motors should be mendel's. That way you can swap out the robot frame for mendel's later if needed.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login