Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connection problem

Posted by rdware 
Connection problem
May 07, 2014 04:31AM
Hi,
i'm just building my prusa i3 but i've have some problem with the connection between arduino and PC.
Yesterday when i try the Ramps seems that all works fine... i have plug only one stepper, the termistors and the hot end. I'm try to connect to the arduino with pronterface and i'm able to move the X axis and read the temperature of two termistor, but when i'm trying to turn on the hotend ( set to 180°) after the turning on of led the connection has been lost. After some second of waiting i'm trying to press the reset button, but from that moment i'm no longer able to re-establish the connection.
If the ramps is removing the connection between arduino and pronterface works fine, but if the shield is mounting it don't work.
I'm trying to reflash the marlin firmware on the arduino but nothing to do!

There's a way to solve this or i've burned my ramps? in that case is possible replace the part or i should by a new one?

PS: sorry for my english.

RDWare
Re: Connection problem
May 07, 2014 06:10AM
What baud rate are you using?

May 07, 2014 06:30AM
the faster... i don't remember the exactly rate but is the faster in the list and before the test of hotend it works.
However i've try also with other baud rate but nothing to do
May 07, 2014 06:39AM
Some configurations struggle with a baud rate of 250,000. It would be worth setting the baud to 115200 in your firmware and Pronterface and see what we get.

May 07, 2014 06:41AM
what i've to do for set the baudrate in the firmware? i've the marlin firmware but i don't know what i've to change
May 07, 2014 07:25AM
It's in configuration.h, near the top..

>>>>>snip

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
// This determines the communication speed of the printer
#define BAUDRATE 250000

>>>>>snip

May 07, 2014 04:49PM
Today the arduino seems to work for few minute then has stopped.

I've try with another arduino ( new and never used ) with baudrate to 115200 and it works fine... i've try also at 250000 and it work but then i've reset it to 115.200,
All good "it works" I thought... i've set the stepper, the end switches and try the first extrusion for test all works fine! But after 20/25min of tests the printer has disconnected... i've turn off the psu unplug the usb and the start up again, it work for some minute and then the same problem i've try other 2 time and every time it disconnet from the pc in less time,and now i have the same problem. If i plug the ramps on arduino it don't connect with my pc... i don't know what i've to do!!! sad smiley
Some helps?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 04:52PM by rdware.
May 07, 2014 05:02PM
It's i strange thing... the port was recognize but when i try to connect pronterface remain with che only row "connecting" in the log...
May 07, 2014 05:52PM
Maybe try another USB cable.

May 07, 2014 06:14PM
Try the best quality USB cable you have and keep it away from motor wires and power wires
May 09, 2014 05:39AM
Solved! Was the cable!
Thank you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login