Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need a 3D printer consultant

Posted by Bradsurrey 
I need a 3D printer consultant
August 17, 2014 03:06PM
I purchased a used 3D printer and i would like to hire someone, preferably a student in the Surrey area, with a keen interest in 3D printers that can help me setup and get it working. Please respond with expected hourly fee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2014 03:08PM by Bradsurrey.
Re: I need a 3D printer consultant
August 19, 2014 05:41PM
What kind of printer is it?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 19, 2014 06:17PM
Hi its a Prusa Mendel
August 20, 2014 02:12AM
I'm sure the guys on here can get you up and running - you shouldn't need to pay anyone!

August 20, 2014 11:51AM
Over the years I've seen many printers with lots of issues fixed here. The people on this forum are very talented and are always willing to help. Explain your problems the best you can and I'm sure we can get you up and printing.

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
August 20, 2014 11:52AM
Thanks everyone
August 20, 2014 04:56PM
I live in Surrey. If you really, really need someone at the end of the phone I'll be happy to help. A site visit will cost you beer. Notwithstanding, the people in these forums are very knowledgeable and helpful.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 21, 2014 08:31AM
Here are my thoughts about going on the forum rather than doing so and hiring an expert.
The point of getting someone to work directly with is having nearly no delay, while on a forum, answer can take up to several days, although they are complete and very helpful. Plus, having a direct contact with an expert is somehow different, the discussion is fluid, etc. Then, exploring a such detailed and fulfilled forum will take a lot of time, that a small business may not have.
That's why I think having an physical expert, while still participating to the forum is the best to do. thumbs up

(Plus the student will happily apply in order to meet ends grinning smiley)
August 21, 2014 09:42AM
I think someone already mentioned they were in the area, so you should be all set, though I was thinking you might also check to see if you have any makerspaces in the area.

Also, bear in mind you are not hiring a professional, more like asking your neighbor to come over and help you out. So they might get your printer working great and the next day your prints are coming out like crap. The benefit of the forums, despite the delays, is that you learn to maintain the printer yourself. If you hire someone, make sure to look over the shoulder and learn what and why they are doing what they are doing.
Re: buy fastest professional quality 3D printers
August 28, 2014 11:59AM
Hi, we need to buy fastest professional quality 3D printers on the market with exceptional print quality !!! FULLY ASSEMBLED AND CALIBRATED.
Someone ho can develop a 3D printer with this caracteristic :

Able to print hollow objects even with huge overhangs in ABS with no warping.
Maximum Travel Speed (Limited By Build Area Not Mechanics) 1000+mm/s
Maximum Print Speed 500mm/s
Minimum Layer Height .05mm (50 micron) or Lower
Filament: 1.75mm ABS, PLA, Laywoo, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PEEK etc.
Max Sustained Temperature: 350c
Principal Print Abs, PEEK .. and others.
Small parts.5x5x5 cm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login