Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega 2560 seen as USB to UART bridge loads firmware but print control apps won't connect

Posted by Cinnerman 
Hi All,
I'm building my own 3D ptr using an StDuino Mega 2560 "Arduino-compatible" board with an Ultimaker RAMPS 1.4. After lots of hassle trying to connect I found the correct USB driver on the manufacturer's site (Makerlab.me), since this does not use the FTDI USB chip.

First Problem: The USB > COM port driver appears to have installed correctly, but when I connect the USB cable Device Manager (Win 7) sees it as a Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge on COM3, not an Arduino of any sort.

I was able to use the Arduino IDE to upload Marlin and that appears to have loaded correctly too, no errors. I then loaded a newer Marlin with ReplicatorG 0040, again, no errors.

Second problem: When I try to use a printer controller - I've tried Printrun, Repetier-Host and ReplicatorG - none will connect to the board.

I've tried the manufacturer's forums (Makerlab.me) and although the translation from basic Chinese is pretty good, I cannot find an fix, nor post a question to the forum - each time the page translates you get logged out. . .

Any ideas as to what to look for first would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login