Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rostock Mini problem?!

Posted by rwindr 
Rostock Mini problem?!
August 26, 2014 06:23PM
So I built Rostock Mini and I got it together, but now there is one problem that I simply don't understand how to fix.

When I press the home button on Repetier Host, the printer moves only little bit up, and the z axis + and - does not work otherwise than only up. It seems that I cant get the platform come down at all only up.

I tried inverting endstops in the code but nope, I've tried setting the home position on Repetier Host to either Min or Max but nope, I've tried to flip motor connectors but nope.

So when I give any command to the printer it always keeps going up even when it hits the endstops.
Re: Rostock Mini problem?!
August 26, 2014 07:15PM
What does M119 say?????
August 27, 2014 08:50AM
When I give command M119 the log says "x_max:L y_max:L z_max:L" Okay so M119 says that same thing even when I press one of the stops, still three L's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 08:56AM by rwindr.
August 27, 2014 08:52AM
Okay now I can move it up and down but only because that position number allows me to + and -. But for some reason it cannot read its own correct position?!? Maybe? I'm lost?
August 27, 2014 10:26AM
Yea so the problem atm is that my endstops does not react when clicked, motors just keep ramming until I pull the plug. Any ideas? The switches are soldered to NC and COM just like the manual said.

These two manuals:

[docs.google.com]

[docs.google.com]
August 27, 2014 11:37AM
When you run an M119. Manually trigger the endstops and see if they report triggered when you are holding it. And make sure that on the ramps, the endstops are in the correct location: the max enstops. From the left to the right, the endstops go x min, x max, y min, y max, z min, z max.
August 27, 2014 11:51AM
Okay I had them in min positions. Now they show x_max:H y_max:H z_max:H and when I manually hold one then that one says x_max:L. But now when I press home the carriage goes about 1mm or 2mm down and stops?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 12:02PM by rwindr.
August 27, 2014 12:06PM
Upload your config. H so I and others can have a look.

A vid could help also.

If it makes a weird nose and shutters during the movement. Change the homing feedrate from 200 to 100.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 12:08PM by Wildcard.
August 27, 2014 12:08PM
Here's the config file: [pastebin.com]
And here's my repetier host printer config: [imgur.com]

And here's extremely bad video, sorry about that: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 12:23PM by rwindr.
August 27, 2014 01:28PM
Invert your endstops from their current setting (true/false).

It also appears that the motors are moving in the wrong direction. Invert their direction.

I'm more familiar with marlin firmware, but I will have a more thorough look at it later.

But the problem seems similar to the one experienced in this vid: [youtu.be]

(Speed up to where he has the printer working).

The problem was his endstops needed to be inverted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 01:31PM by Wildcard.
August 27, 2014 02:08PM
THAAAAAAAAANKKK YOUUUUUUUU!!
It prints now!

Now next thing is to calibrate this thing. First test cube had one side fall off in mid print. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 03:11PM by rwindr.
August 27, 2014 04:51PM
My pleasure. Glad I could help.

Go through the steps on [minow.blogspot.com] Or [reprapandme.blogspot.com]

You'll have to adjust the corridinates to your bedsize (if it is smaller), but once you have it printing flat you'll be off to the races.

-Brett

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2014 04:52PM by Wildcard.
August 28, 2014 10:08AM
#EDIT: Nevermind I'm just forgot to check the powercable........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 10:44AM by rwindr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login